Why do physical therapists in Woodbridge from Arrow Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation believe they can save you money?
Moving properly is essential to everyone’s overall quality of life. Whether it’s everyday tasks like dusting the house or sweeping the floor, an essential physical activity that’s part of your occupation, or engaging in exercise like running or biking, motion is almost always necessary. When pain or injury prevents us from performing any of our everyday motions, something has to be done to address it, and there are many options available to accomplish this; however, seeing a physical therapist in Woodbridge, Union, Somerville or Edison, NJ—where we have four convenient locations—is often the best option that will fix the root of your problem quickly and cost much less than surgery.
After an injury occurs, or after dealing with a persistent pain issue like low back pain for a long time, each individual responds differently in terms of how they’d like to treat it. From the many options available, some choose to use pain medications to reduce the pain right away, while others may consider surgery as a “quick fix” that will address all their problems in one single session. The truth is, while surgery and pain medications may be the best course of treatment for some conditions, there is increasing evidence that conservative (non-surgical) treatment like physical therapy can be equally effective and less expensive.
Physical therapists are evidence-based health care professionals that provide treatments designed to improve function and mobility and reduce pain. Understanding the importance of pain-free mobility in your everyday life, they create treatment programs to improve strength, flexibility, balance and coordination with the overall goal of preventing injury and promoting a healthy lifestyle.
Research has shown that physical therapy is as effective as surgery for treating meniscal tears, knee osteoarthritis, rotator cuff tears, spinal stenosis and degenerative disc disease, to name a few. Beyond the supportive evidence that continues to grow, physical therapy is considered an attractive option for your pain or injury for the following reasons:
- Fixes the root of the problem: while some treatments only treat symptoms, physical therapy gets to the source and addresses it appropriately
- No side effects: compared to any medications that may be prescribed, physical therapy does not come with any side effects
- Speedy appointments: you can usually see a physical therapist in 24-48 hours or sooner if needed to guarantee immediate treatment for your problem
- Fast-acting/long-lasting: you will start to notice results early on, and your improvements will last a long while if you keep up with home exercises
- All-natural: when it comes to treatment options, it doesn’t get more natural than physical therapy
- Non-invasive/non-surgical: when you choose physical therapy over surgery, you don’t have to worry about complications that are associated with it
- Less expensive: physical therapy is significantly less expensive than surgery, and by treating your problem effectively, it also ensures better long-term success
Surgery and medications may indeed be necessary in certain circumstances and extreme cases, but it’s important to always remember that you have options when dealing with pain or injury. Physical therapy is the best option for many painful conditions, and will save you money and possible complications in the short- and long-term. For this reason, Arrow Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation advises seeing one of our physical therapists in Woodbridge, Union, Somerville or Edison, NJ for any problems you may be having. Call us at 908-393-9877 for more information or to schedule an appointment.